Fans of “Wet Hot American Summer”, writer/director David Wain’s 2001 comedy about the attendees of a fictional jewish camp, may get a prequel – may being the key word in that sentence.
Wain, who since shooting such up-and-comers as Paul Rudd, Elizabeth Banks, Bradley Cooper and a scene-stealing Christopher Meloni in “Summer” has helmed “The Ten” and “Role Models”, tells Screen Junkies that he has thought about returning to Camp Firewood.
“The prequel would be the same summer so they would be 20 years old for the part yeah, but not younger. So it would be 40-year olds playing 16-year olds. And yeah, we’re in the early stages of thinking about that.”
Sounds crazy – like really crazy. Still, it could work… after all, the ’80s were full of movies with seniors playing juniors…
Alan Ruck in “Ferris Buellers Day Off”.
Age at time : 30
Age in film : 18
Michael J.Fox in “Back to the Future Part III”.
Age at time : 29
Age in film : 17
Stockard Channing in “Grease”
Age at time : 34
Age in film : 18
Ralph Macchio in “The Karate Kid Part III”.
Age at time : 28
Age in film : 16
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.