“WarGames”, the 1983 video-game flick starring none other than Matthew Broderick – is in line for a re-boot, with MCM planning a modern age re-telling of the cult classic.
The original movie revolves around two teenager computer hackers (a fresh-faced Broderick and Ally Sheedy) who find a secret back-door into a top-secret military program. They think it’s all games (get it?) until they realise their mucking around could actually trigger World War 3 by releasing nuclear weapons.
Deadline says the new adaptation will be developed by Seth Gordon, who directed “King of Kong” and recently “Horrible Bosses” starring Jennifer Aniston and Jason Bateman.
I think there’s huge potential to create a hit here, especially considering the extreme technological advances in the almost 30 years since “WarGames” first graced our screens.
Do you want to see this movie given a once-over?
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013