The wonderfully talented Emma Thompson is negotiating with Will Smith and Jay-Z to write their adaptation of “Annie”, according to Vulture.
Yes, you read correctly- Emma Thompson with Will Smith and Jay-Z.
Apparently they’re after her supreme way with words, with Thompson winning an Oscar for her screenplay of “Sense and Sensibility”, and more recently the “Nanny McPhee” series.
Smith’s in line to direct with his daughter Willow to play the title role of Annie, and Jay-Z will write the music.
This could be a partnership made in heaven, or one of the world’s most bizarre professional combos ever.
Fingers crossed for the heaven one, right?
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013