“Twilight” star Peter Facinelli has confirmed he’s producing a movie about notorious Boston crime boss Whitey Bulger, according to Deadline.
Well, technically he’s producing a movie about the book Street Soldier: My Life as an Enforcer For Whitey Bulger and the Boston Irish Mob, written by Edward MacKenzie – a former drug dealer, and Phyllis Karas.
Facinelli Films will work with Brookstreet Pictures to tell the story of Whitey Bulger’s rise and then disappearance from the Boston underworld from the perspective of MacKenzie, a former boxer and feared enforcer for Whitey’s gang.
And luckily the story’s now finally complete, with Bulger being captured after 16 years on the run at the age of 81.
Peter Facinelli apparently got involved with the movie almost a year ago, and has a script by Nick Gordon almost ready to go.
Brookstreet president Trevor Matthews says – “With the extraordinary capture of Whitey Bulger, there is no better time to tell this amazing story of the Boston Irish Mob from the gripping perspective of Eddie Mac.”
I’m intrigued, are you?
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013