First mentioned last year, a film based on classic video game “Space Invaders” is on the way. New producers onboard though; instead of Mark Gordon, Jason Blum and Guymon Casady steering the thing to the screen, THR says “Transformers” producer Lorenzo diBonaventura is in charge. diBonaventura and Odd Lot Entertainment’s Gigi Pritzker have seemingly snapped up the rights to the property after the previous trio’s lease lapsed.
Warner Bros are set to bringing classic arcade game “Space Invaders” to the big screen!
The studio, who are also developing new “Tomb Raider” and “Mortal Kombat” films, is in negotiations with Taito, the Japanese company that manufactured the 1978 game, to bring the army of killer white pixels to cinemas.
Producing are Mark Gordon, Jason Blum and Guymon Casady, says The Los Angeles Times.
With the rights to most major-brand video games snapped up some years ago (for instance, films based on two other arcade classics, “Asteroids” and “Missile Command” are also in development), I’m surprised to hear that the classic “Space Invaders” was/is even still available.
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.