First mentioned last year, a film based on classic video game “Space Invaders” is on the way. New producers onboard though; instead of Mark Gordon, Jason Blum and Guymon Casady steering the thing to the screen, THR says “Transformers” producer Lorenzo diBonaventura is in charge. diBonaventura and Odd Lot Entertainment’s Gigi Pritzker have seemingly snapped up the rights to the property after the previous trio’s lease lapsed.
Warner Bros are set to bringing classic arcade game “Space Invaders” to the big screen!
The studio, who are also developing new “Tomb Raider” and “Mortal Kombat” films, is in negotiations with Taito, the Japanese company that manufactured the 1978 game, to bring the army of killer white pixels to cinemas.
Producing are Mark Gordon, Jason Blum and Guymon Casady, says The Los Angeles Times.
With the rights to most major-brand video games snapped up some years ago (for instance, films based on two other arcade classics, “Asteroids” and “Missile Command” are also in development), I’m surprised to hear that the classic “Space Invaders” was/is even still available.
- Limitless potential for new CBS pilot - January 29, 2015
- Another Zoolander star returning for sequel - January 29, 2015
- Stephanie scares up more cast! - January 29, 2015
- Kevin Spacey marks his territory with Nine Lives lead - January 29, 2015
- Pitt to go to Africa for Jolie - January 29, 2015
- Battlestar Galactica fave heads to Fargo - January 29, 2015
- Rudolph, Smith doing their bit for Brothers in Arms - January 29, 2015
- Inbetweeners actor joins Now You See Me 2 - January 29, 2015
- Four more join Wet Hot American Summer series - January 29, 2015
- Aykroyd responds to Ghostbusters casting - January 29, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.