First mentioned last year, a film based on classic video game “Space Invaders” is on the way. New producers onboard though; instead of Mark Gordon, Jason Blum and Guymon Casady steering the thing to the screen, THR says “Transformers” producer Lorenzo diBonaventura is in charge. diBonaventura and Odd Lot Entertainment’s Gigi Pritzker have seemingly snapped up the rights to the property after the previous trio’s lease lapsed.
Warner Bros are set to bringing classic arcade game “Space Invaders” to the big screen!
The studio, who are also developing new “Tomb Raider” and “Mortal Kombat” films, is in negotiations with Taito, the Japanese company that manufactured the 1978 game, to bring the army of killer white pixels to cinemas.
Producing are Mark Gordon, Jason Blum and Guymon Casady, says The Los Angeles Times.
With the rights to most major-brand video games snapped up some years ago (for instance, films based on two other arcade classics, “Asteroids” and “Missile Command” are also in development), I’m surprised to hear that the classic “Space Invaders” was/is even still available.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.