In a interview with Total Film, Rose McGowan says it’s unlikely she’ll ever get to play ‘Barbarella’ on the big screen, despite being attached to play the character for many years – and not because Universal didn’t want to. Reports had McGowan and [ex-beau and] director Robert Rodriguez struggling to raise the budget for the film because she wasn’t a big enough name for the role, but the actress says that’s bullocks.
“I have a test that we did that would blow people’s minds”, the “Sin City” actress tells the August issue of the magazine. “I took the flak. I never announced why. And I took all the hits of [people] saying, “She couldn’t raise the money”. But there was $80m in Germany. Robert didn’t want to shoot there and I had serious family stuff.”
McGowan, next in “Conan the Barbarian”, says the film isn’t likely to happen – not with her and Rodriguez anyway.
“Probably not, just because of… I’m with somebody British now”.
Sad to hear that this project won’t ever come to fruition?
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013