“Captain America” director Joe Johnston says he’s talked to his old boss George Lucas (Johnston was a storyboard artist for Lucas; he later shepherded the visual effects on “Empire Strikes Back” and “Return of the Jedi”) about doing a feature-film spin-off of one of “Star Wars” most popular characters.
Lumpy the Ewok.
Yes, Johnston wants to do a “Bobba Fett” movie!
And they say a Melbourne winter is cool!?
Johnston actually designed the look of the intergalactic bounty hunter and seemingly thinks there’s enough interest there to warrant a full Bobba Blockbuster.
”I’m trying to get George to make a feature based on Boba Fett”, the filmmaker, whose other credits include “Honey, I Shrunk the Kids” and “The Rocketeer”, tells ScreenRant. “I would like to [direct it], it would be a lot of fun.”
As much as Lucas likes to
remind us trick us into believing that there won’t be any more “Star Wars” films, you just know that one day there will be another one.. whatever that may be. Maybe Lucas wouldn’t mind having his old friend and collaborator, and someone who knows the world of “Wars” pretty well, being responsible for such a film like ‘Bobba Fett’?
Is there much to tell there though, in terms of story, that wasn’t told in Episodes II and III?
- Captain America : Civil War Character Reveal? - January 26, 2015
- Zachary Quinto talks Heroes Reborn - January 26, 2015
- The Strangers sequel finally going ahead? - January 26, 2015
- Scodelario confirmed for Pirates of the Caribbean 5 - January 26, 2015
- Author offers Waiting for Exhale 2 update - January 26, 2015
- Jetsons animated movie in the works - January 24, 2015
- New poster for Tom Hardy thrilller Child 44 - January 22, 2015
- Rob Lowe playing man of the cloth in new TV series - January 21, 2015
- The Interview hits Netflix this weekend - January 21, 2015
- Stuart Beattie writing high Voltage project - January 21, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.