Yep, rejoice Carpenter fans… the “Escape from New York” remake is kaput. For the time being. New Line and Warner Bros have opted not to push forward with their long-in-development relaunch of the Snake Plissken character (played by Kurt Russell in the original and it’s *cough* shitty sequel *cough*), letting the option lapse on the property. What this means, of course, is that another studio might decide to pick up the option. But for the moment, no need to sob into a bucket of overpriced, oversalty popcorn as Chace Crawford dances about Manhattan island with an eye-patch and a CGI Donald Pleasence (Actually, Jeremy Renner and Gerard Butler were oft-rumoured for the part of Snake).
Deadline, who have the scoop on New Line’s discarding of the project (which everyone from Brett Ratner to Breck Eisner have been attached as director), says no actor had been locked down for the role of the one-eyed vigilnate. That’s good news, if you ask me, because it might possibly suggest that nobody fits Snake but… Kurt Russell. And maybe, just maybe, another studio will smarten to the idea that a new “New York” sequel, with Russell back as Snake, might work just as well if not better than a reboot.
- Limitless potential for new CBS pilot - January 29, 2015
- Another Zoolander star returning for sequel - January 29, 2015
- Stephanie scares up more cast! - January 29, 2015
- Kevin Spacey marks his territory with Nine Lives lead - January 29, 2015
- Pitt to go to Africa for Jolie - January 29, 2015
- Battlestar Galactica fave heads to Fargo - January 29, 2015
- Rudolph, Smith doing their bit for Brothers in Arms - January 29, 2015
- Inbetweeners actor joins Now You See Me 2 - January 29, 2015
- Four more join Wet Hot American Summer series - January 29, 2015
- Aykroyd responds to Ghostbusters casting - January 29, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.