By Drew Turney
An ineffectual comedy with no merit other than big stars about a guy (Cage) who ‘loses’ his girlfriend (parker) in a poker game with a high roller (Caan) and has to jump through the requisite Hollyhoops to get her back.
Leave out the marketing hooks like the stupid and continuous Elvis impersonator gags and you’re left with little – comic or otherwise.
Blu-ray details and Extras
Quality fluctuates as the film goes on – one minute it’s sharp, the next it’s soft and murky. Thankfully all of Pat Morita’s moments look the best – rather fitting, since he was the best thing in the movie.
Great soundtrack is let down by a 2.0 offering only, damn! damn! damn!
- Avengers star to headline Braveheart sequel? - May 3, 2015
- Spider-Man role down to two… - May 3, 2015
- Grey Hulk was supposed to be in Avengers : Age of Ultron - May 3, 2015
- Shadowhunters casts Simon & Isabelle - May 2, 2015
- Why was Josh Trank fired from Star Wars? - May 2, 2015
- Ninja Turtles 2 nabs an Oscar nominee! - May 1, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Fifty Shades Darker - May 1, 2015
- Photos : X-Men, Suicide Squad, Batman v Superman - May 1, 2015
- Trailer : Tangerine - May 1, 2015
- New poster for Elijah Wood starrer Cooties - May 1, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.