The “Fright Night” panel kicked off with a special moderator, Chris Sarandon, who passed the torch to the new cast and introduced the panel of Colin Farrell, Anton Yelchin, Imogen Poots. Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Director Craig Gillespie and writer Marti Noxon.
Panel Part 1 :
What you missed:
They showed four clips from the horror flick that comes out next month.
The first clip was Evil Ed who is trying to convince Charley that his neighboor is a vampire.
The second clip was a simple but threatening scene with Colin Farrell and Anton Yelchin, where Jerry comes over to borrow a six pack. (creepy and compelling)
The third clip was a long chase scene which started at Charley Brewster’s house and cutoff in the car. (awesome)
And the final clip was a scene between Peter Vincent and Charley Brewster on how to kill a vampire.
I must say I’m a little more excited about the flick after the panel and the clips!
- Here’s footage from the panel, for those who couldn’t be with us :
- Farrell said he “was dubious at first about doing the film but that the script engaged” him and that the fim contained “enough homage in the film and contemparized it in a very clever way.”
- What pulled Anton Yelchin to the project was that ” the relathinships were complex yet entertaining.”
- Writer Marti Noxon hinted there may be a sequel if the first flick does well that may have the backstory of the character Jerry.
- Colin Farrell was a complete gentleman who pulled out his co-stars chair, Imogen Poots and signed his name card for a fan who asked for it, showing off a bit of his backside when he leaned over to sign. He also chatted about how his last five or six years of work have been more fulfilling for him and about doing projects that bring him back to his roots and reminded him about why he loved to act and what brought him to do it in the first place.
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse revealed that the entire cast of ”Kick Ass” would love to do a sequel and the entire cast is crossing their fingers for it.