» Comic-Con 2011 : Snow White and the Huntsman
Comic-Con 2011 : Snow White and the Huntsman
Kristen Stewart, Charlize Theron, Chris Hemsworth, Sam Claflin and Director Rupert Sanders rocked up to plug one of two new ‘Snow White’ flicks due out in 2012, Universal Picture’s “Snow White and the Huntsman”.
Here’s the official synopsis :
In the epic action-adventure Snow White and the Huntsman, Kristen Stewart (Twilight) plays the only person in the land fairer than the evil queen (Oscar® winner Charlize Theron) who is out to destroy her. But what the wicked ruler never imagined is that the young woman threatening her reign has been training in the art of war with a huntsman (Chris Hemsworth, Thor) who was dispatched to kill her. Sam Claflin (Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides) joins the cast as the prince long enchanted by Snow White’s beauty and power.
The breathtaking new vision of the legendary tale is from Joe Roth, the producer of Alice in Wonderland, producer Sam Mercer (The Sixth Sense) and acclaimed commercial director and state-of-the-art visualist Rupert Sanders.
And now for some dot points about the panel.
- Firstly, there’s no footage because the movie hasn’t started filming yet
- Producer Palek Patel says he’d been courting Rupert Sanders for years. “I was chasing after Rupert for many years… like a hot girl. I’d seen his work and when I did Snow White, I had in mind because his commercials are like artwork.”
- Fellow producer Joe Roth says that this movie will be much different to Tarsem Singh’s “Snow White” movie, noting that this would probably be more in the vein of “Lord of the Rings” – something big and epic. Roth thinks people will go and see both “Snow White” movies, just as they did wen two dueling asteroid movies titled “Armageddon” and “Deep Impact” came out seven-weeks-apart in 1998.
- A reel of Sanders’ commercial work is shown; the filmmaker notes that he was actually trying to get an action movie, so it’s rather strange that he would end up helming a fairytale flick
- Kristen Stewart says what appealed to her about the role of Snow White is that, besides the fact she gets to have some cool weapons, is “she’s also the people’s lead and doesn’t let her heart cloud her mind”
- Charlize Theron says Stewart will likely give her a run for her money in the acting stakes on the film; the model cum actress jokingly torts “I’m ready bitch, so let’s go!”
- Clarifin says his ‘Prince’ isn’t as ‘Charming’ as one might expect
- Pictures of the Dwarves are shown on the screen, all costumed-up
- Chris Hemsworth says he only got the role of the Huntsman because every other actor in town turned it down but what appealed to him about the film was the initial teaser that Sanders shot
And last but not least, Universal have mailed over high-res pics of the “Snow White” images that were showed on the big screen above the panel :