Adam Levine, well known as the lead singer of Maroon 5 and as one of the judges on the runaway hit NBC show “The Voice”, is stepping out of the spotlight to produce a scripted TV comedy.
According to Deadline, Levine will be the executive producer of a single camera comedy set in a karaoke bar, that will be a creative combination of music and humour.
Jake Kasdan – currently doing great things at the box office as the director of the Cameron Diaz flick “Bad Teacher” – has also signed on to direct and executive produce.
NBC has won the rights to the show (and seemingly all of Levine’s talents), after a bidding war between up to three other networks.
What do you think- can singing work with a scripted comedy?
Are you excited to see what Levine can serve up from behind the camera?
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013