Reese Witherspoon has signed on to play the lead in a Disney live-action movie “Wish List”.
Deadline says the comedy will tell the story of a young girl who makes 10 wishes on a coin at a magic wishing well, but none of them come true because the coin gets stuck and doesn’t hit the bottom.
Flash-forward 25 years or so and the coin somehow manages to get loose and hit pay-dirt, so ALL those wishes come true at once. So obviously, older Reese will have to deal with the dreams of 8 year old Reese all coming to life, whether she likes it or not.
The script will be penned by Randi Mayem Singer, who is most well-known for the wonderful early 90s hit “Mrs. Doubtfire”, with producers Mark Ciardi and Gordon Gray attached.
I’m sure as heck excited about this, if it’s in a similar vein to “Enchanted”, it’ll be a favourite for both young and old.
What do you think? Is Reese Witherspoon perfect for the role?
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013