The go-to man for horror movie remakes, Alexandra Aje is being courted by Paramount to direct the long-gestating “Pet Sematary” remake.
Aja, who helmed the remakes of “Piranha” and “The Hills Have Eyes” and who is currently involved in a TV series based on the David Cronenberg flick “Scanners”, might be a good fit for “Sematary”, which like the 1988 film is based on a book by Stephen King. Aja likes his films bloody, scary but also encompassing a sense of fun and if there’s one thing “Sematary” is… it’s… well, it’s all those things.
Twitch Film reports :
Word of an impending Pet Sematary remake first surfaced in February with word that producers Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Steven Schneider were armed with a script by Matt Greenberg (1408, Reign Of Fire) and on the prowl for a high level director.
Aja certainly qualifies on that count and has proven – repeatedly – that he’s not shy about remaking beloved material. His name turns up on a lot of wishlists for this sort of project but Pet Sematary has moved beyond that stage with Paramount now actively trying to sign him up. The key issue here will no doubt to come down to Aja’s schedule but with his next big project – Cobra: The Space Pirate – still looking for money and not scheduled to shoot until 2013 there’s no reason at all he couldn’t fit this in first.
What do you think? Nice fit?
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013