French-American actress Stephanie Szostak is apparently in talks to play the wife of Ryan Reynolds’ character in the upcoming Dark Horse comic-turned-film “R.I.P.D”.
THR says the flick is about a murdered cop (Reynolds in all his action-hero glory) who, after his death, works for the ‘Rest In Peace Department’, full of ghosts who battle spirits who aren’t willing to leave Earth.
Szostak (“The Devil Wears Prada” and the upcoming Matt Damon movie “We Bought a Zoo”) will join the cast as the wife who can sense he’s still around; Jeff Bridges is also cast as Reynolds’ police partner.
It’ll be directed by Robert Schwentke (“Time Traveler’s Wife”, “Flightplan”), and is looking to begin production next month.
I reckon it’s a creative take on the ol’ police movie, and could be a sure-fire hit as long as the script is really solid. What do you think?
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013