Candace Bushnell’s “Sex and the City” prequel, “The Carrie Diaries” looks set to hit the small screen via HBO’s corporate sibling the CW according to Deadline.com
Although there are no deals currently in place, talks are in preliminary stages for Warner Bros TV to produce, with “Gossip Girl” executive producers Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage in discussions to sign onto the project. Amy Harris – a former “Sex and the City” writer/producer who is now writing for “Gossip Girl” – is likely to pen the adaptation.
With the series focusing on Carrie’s final year in a New-England high school, the CW seems the obvious choice of broadcasting partner as it has been home to two major teen blockbusters in recent years – “The OC” and “Gossip Girl”.
Author Candace Bushnell is also expected to be involved as a producer, though “Sex and the City” creator Darren Star will not be involved and Sarah Jessica Parker has no connection to “The Carrie Diaries” at present.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013