The 1982 sci-fi masterpiece “Blade Runner” is getting a second movie to add to the collection – and original director Ridley Scott is coming back to take the helm.
Here’s the release from Alcom Entertainment:
Three-time Oscar-nominated director Ridley Scott is set to helm a follow up to his own ground-breaking 1982 science fiction classic “Blade Runner” for Warner Bros-based financing and production company Alcon Entertainment.
And then the juiciest part…
The filmmakers have not yet revealed whether the theatrical project will be a prequel or sequel to the renowned original.
Way to keep us guessing!
Producer Andrew Kosove has told the L.A Times he met with Ridley Scott in March, shortly after signing the deal to the rights.
“We had a few Plan Bs. But we were really focusing on Plan A, which was Ridley… Everything Ridley does as a filmmaker is fresh. I believe he sees an opportunity to create something that’s wholly original from the first “Blade Runner”.”
BUT, Harrison Ford is very unlikely to make a comeback.
“But if you’re asking me will this movie have anything to do with Harrison Ford, the answer is no. This is a total reinvention, and in my mind that means doing everything fresh, including casting.”
It’s likely to take around 18 months to find a writer and really get the ball rolling, so it’s not looking like it’ll be out before 2014.
But still, it’s pretty exciting! Will you go and see a “Blade Runner” sequel/prequel?
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013