As frightened as I am by the thought of a contemporary “WarGames” remake, I’ll admit there’s some good folk getting involved in it. Seth Gordon, director of the terrifically uninhibited and sensationally silly “Horrible Bosses”, is stepping into John Badham’s shoes as the director of the new version, and MGM, who seem to give two shits about their remakes (they’re taking their time with their “RoboCop” and “Carrie” remakes which suggests they’re interested in generating as many good reviews as they are bank) are behind it. Now comes word that Noah Oppenheim, a former TV producer who cracked Hollywood with a Jackie Kennedy script that had attracted the interests of Darren Aronofsky, is on scripting duties.
I don’t know what I’d like from a “WarGames” remake (particuarly when I’d prefer not to see one at all), but I guess, if anything, I’d just like to see a completely different storyline – or one that ties into the original, in the same way “TRON Legacy” tied into “TRON”. Maybe an ageing Matthew Broderick could return?
- Magnolia picks up Experimenter; New image released - March 27, 2015
- Taylor-Johnson quits Fifty Shades franchise - March 26, 2015
- X-Men : Apocalypse casts Jubilee; cameos rumoured - March 26, 2015
- Trailer : Maggie - March 26, 2015
- Ben Mendelsohn may star in a Star Wars movie - March 26, 2015
- B v S : Luthor picture; story details - March 26, 2015
- Star Trek 3 : Elba to play villain; Pegg talks scripting - March 26, 2015
- Peter Craig aboard Lawrence’s Addario biopic - March 26, 2015
- Spielberg directing Ernie Cline’s Ready Player One - March 26, 2015
- Jason Segel directing a Lego movie!? - March 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.