Disney’s announced the next two Pixar films in the works- and they sound pretty great!
At the D23 Fan Expo (billed as the ‘Ultimate Disney Fan Event’) they’ve spilled the beans on the films to follow “Brave” and “Monsters University”.
The first flick, due out in November 2013, will be directed by Bob Peterson (“Up”) and will have a plot something like this:
“What if the cataclysmic asteroid that forever changed life on Earth actually missed the planet completely and giant dinosaurs never became extinct?”
Kinda vague, but already you can picture creative prehistoric characters and incredible visuals.
The second one is even more scant on details, but sounds just as promising:
“Pixar takes audiences on incredible journeys into extraordinary worlds: from the darkest depths of the ocean to the top of the Tepui mountains in South America; from the fictional metropolis of Monstropolis to a futuristic fantasy of outer space. From director Pete Docter (“Up”, “Monsters, Inc.”) and producer Jonas Rivera (“Up”), the inventive new film will take you to a place that everyone knows, but no one has ever seen: the world inside the human mind.”
That one is scheduled to be in theatres in May 2014.
I think it’s a great move from re-inventing fairytales or yet another sequel. What do you think- are you excited?
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013