Jack Thompson will return to the big screen – in something presumably decent, “The Great Gatsby”.
The veteran star of more bonza Aussie flicks that you can shake a billycan at (and a few dodgy American ones too, like the Alicia Silverstone vehicle “Excess Baggage” and of course, the “Star Wars” prequels) will play an unspecified character in the 3D adaptation of the F.Scott Fitzgerald novel.
Sydney Confidential, who broke the news of Thompson’s casting, has also revealed that ”Underbelly: Razor” star Kim Knuckey has also joined the cast; Knuckley will portray a senator.
Leonardo Di Caprio, who stars opposite Tobey Maguire in the film, arrives in Sydney this weekend to prep.
One of the film’s leads, go-getting exporet Joel Edgerton tells Collider that Baz Luhrmann’s “The Great Gatsby” will start lensing within the month.
“I can tell you as much as I know about Gatsby. We have been sort of in pre-production where we did a really great kind of exploration workshop in New York. I’m off on Monday and back to Australia where everything is getting prepped and ready. We are going to continue rehearsals and then we start shooting in a few weeks. Then it is all systems go until Christmas.”
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.