Having just about exhausted every opportunity the film world has thrown at her, “Hangover” and “Boogie Nights” star Heather Graham is headed to TV.
Deadline says the actress, who got her big break as ‘Annie’ on “Twin Peaks” back in the early ’90s, will star opposite Rob Corddry in Fox’s comedy pilot ”Little In Common”.
The series comes from the mind of “Veronica Mars” and “Party Down” creator Rob Thomas so could be worth a looksee.
Thomas’ single-camera comedy, produced by WBTV, centers on the Wellers (Corddry, Graham), who move from California to Texas, but find that their adjustment won’t be quite that easy considering their Latina single mother neighbor (Alana Ubach), has a radically different approach to child-rearing than they do, while their other new neighborhood acquaintances, the African American Burlesons (Kevin Hart, Gabrielle Union), take sports very seriously. The role, which has been recast, was played by Paula Marshall in the original pilot where Ubach had a husband played by Lombardo Boyar.
The buzz on the pilot is apparently good, so expect to sit it sandwiched between a couple of other half-hour sitcoms on Fox in the New Year.
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013