“Ghostbusters 3″ has been confirmed, and they’re looking for a next generation of stars to help carry on the franchise.
Dan Aykroyd, who of course played Ray Stantz in the originals has spoken to Dennis Miller Radio, saying it’s got an “excellent script” and is looking to shoot early next year.
Bill Murray and Harold Ramis are hopefully expected to reprise their roles (though Aykroyd says the film will happen with or without the former) as parapsychologists Peter Venkman and Egon Spengler.
But he says they’re getting way to old to fight ghosts on their own:
“My character, Ray, is now blind in one eye and can’t drive the Cadillac. He’s got a bad knee and can’t carry the packs. Egon is too large to get into the harness. We need young blood and that’s the promise. We’re gonna hand it to a new generation.”
Aykroyd says they’re after three guys and a woman to play the new roles, and if it was up to him he’d hire “Criminal Minds” star Matthew Gray Gubler!
Looks like “Ghostbusters 3″ is pressing ahead with or without Murray- what do you think?
Are you as excited as I am?
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013