In his head, 15-year-old Welsh schoolboy Oliver Tate (Craig Roberts) is a cool literary genius. In reality, he’s socially inept and unpopular. Oliver has set himself two tasks for the summer: to lose his virginity (before it becomes legal) and save his parents’ marriage. Suspecting that his mother (Sally Hawkins) is having an affair with old flame, Graham (Paddy Considine), a mullet-wearing, capoeira-teaching, new-age evangelist, Oliver monitors his parents’ sex-life by charting their bedroom dimmer switch. To bolster his endeavours, Oliver forges passionate love letters on behalf of his unsuspecting father to his mother.
Meanwhile, Oliver attempts to woo schoolmate, Jordana. When a calculated attempt at bullying earns him Jordana’s affections, she introduces him to the thrills of pyromania and dictates to him what he should be writing about her in his diary.
How to Win : Enter your details below and tell us the name of a submarine movie featuring Denzel Washington?
Entries Close September 10
- Star Wars spin-off writer ripostes! - March 3, 2015
- Lily Allen in Fifty Shades Darker? - March 3, 2015
- Sounds as good as official : Michael Biehn’s back for Alien 5 - March 3, 2015
- Superhero Bits : Supergirl, Suicide Squad, Batman - March 3, 2015
- Red-Band Trailer : Get Hard - March 3, 2015
- Casting : Black, Cuban, Berg, Rousey, Uwais, Dornan, Murphy - March 3, 2015
- Killing alum is Shondra’s latest Catch - March 3, 2015
- Orphan Black season 3 trailer - March 3, 2015
- Valderrama joins that Minority Report show - March 3, 2015
- Goddard rebooting Spider-Man - March 3, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.