Despite the suggestion that a third “X-Files” movie may be further along than we thought, actress Gillian Anderson tells The Sunday Herald-Sun that it’s still up in the air as to when we’ll see Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully on the big screen again.
Anderson, in town to promote “Johnny English Reborn”, says she and David Duchovny are raring to go but at this stage there’s no film.
I think a lot of people were hoping the second X-Files movie would answer a lot more questions. Were you happy?
I think that if we were to do a third one, it would answer a lot more of those questions and maybe also have something to do with aliens, which is ultimately what people want to see. David and I have been very vocal about the fact that if Chris or the studio were to come to us to do another one, we would do it. Recently Chris announced that it was likely to be in the works but I have no idea what that means or at what stage it is or who is writing it or whether Fox is even interested.
Do you miss Scully?
I miss her when I am together with David and Chris and we are reminiscing about it, or somebody is a particularly big fan and brings something up, but I don’t think about her on a daily basis. I think I am more appreciative of all that she was now than I was even at the time.
Sounds like you “X-Files” fans might need to start camping outside Tom Rothman’s office?
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013