Daniel Stamm, director of the indy hit “The Last Exorcism”, will direct a remake of the Thai horror-thriller ”13: Game of Death”, reports Deadline.
Stamm is currently adapting the screenplay with writing partner David Birke, production/finance company IM Global announced at the Toronto International Film Festival. The site says IM CEO Stuart Ford is producing with Brian Kavanaugh-Jones of Automatik (“Bullet in the Head”).
Here’s the synopsis for the original “13 : Game of Death” :
A down-on-his-luck salesman has lost his job, his car and his girlfriend. When a mysterious cell phone caller offers him $100 million to play a “game show” featuring 13 secret challenges, he is in. The catch? The tests grow increasingly intense and morally questionable, but if he quits he loses everything.
I don’t think I’ve seen the original, any good?
- Magnolia picks up Experimenter; New image released - March 27, 2015
- Taylor-Johnson quits Fifty Shades franchise - March 26, 2015
- X-Men : Apocalypse casts Jubilee; cameos rumoured - March 26, 2015
- Trailer : Maggie - March 26, 2015
- Ben Mendelsohn may star in a Star Wars movie - March 26, 2015
- B v S : Luthor picture; story details - March 26, 2015
- Star Trek 3 : Elba to play villain; Pegg talks scripting - March 26, 2015
- Peter Craig aboard Lawrence’s Addario biopic - March 26, 2015
- Spielberg directing Ernie Cline’s Ready Player One - March 26, 2015
- Jason Segel directing a Lego movie!? - March 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.