Juan Carlos Fresnadillo will direct the new version of the 1986 cult fantasy classic “Highlander”. You know, the one with the immortal warriors that launched the career of Christopher Lambert and had Sean Connery in it? Directed by Aussie boy Russ Mulcahy?
Who am I kidding- of course you know it.
And it’ll be directed by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, who’s new movie “Intruders” starring Clive Owen comes out next month.
Here’s the press release:
Juan Carlos Fresnadillo will direct Summit Entertainment’s re-imagination of the cult film HIGHLANDER co-financed by RCR Media Group. Summit’s HIGHLANDER is written by Art Marcum and Matt Holloway. Neal H. Mortiz and Peter Davis will produce the project along with Enrique López Lavigne and Belen Atienza. RCR Media Group’s principles Rui Costa Reis and Eliad Josephson will executive produce the film. Justin Lin will also executive produce. Summit acquired the rights to remake the cult classic from Davis – Panzer Productions, Inc. in May of 2008. Production on the film is slated to begin spring of 2012.
In HIGHLANDER, after centuries of dueling to survive against others like him, Connor MacLeod, an immortal Scottish swordsman must confront the last of his kind, a murderously brutal barbarian, who lusts for the Prize.
Juan Carlos Fresnadillo directed 28 WEEKS LATER as well as INTRUDERS, which is premiering at the Toronto Film Festival. His other credits include the Spanish language INTACTO and Oscar® nominated short LINKED.
Excited? For the remake itself or the fact Fresnadillo is directing?
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013