Man of the moment
Tom Hardy Jeremy Renner (“Mission Impossible : Ghost Protocol”, “The Hurt Locker”) will dust off the balaclava and get the hands moisturised in preparation for “King of Heists”, an adaptation of the J. North Conway book about a famous American heist.
Renner, who played a bankrobber in Ben Affleck’s “The Town”, will play “George Leslie, who came to New York appearing to be a mannered gent, but secretly put together a crew and masterminded a heist of nearly $3 million in cash and securities from the Manhattan Savings Institution in 1878″ according to Deadline.
In-demand screenwriter Will Staples (“Myth”, “Apaches”) will pen the script for the film, which Renner will also produce.
Here’s the synopsis of the book “King of Heists” :
King of Heists is a spellbinding and unprecedented account of the greatest bank robbery in American history, which took place on October 27, 1878, when thieves broke into the Manhattan Savings Institution and stole nearly $3 million-around $50 million in today’s terms. Bring the Gilded Age to life, J. North Conway tells the story of those who plotted and carried out this infamous robbery – including criminal mastermind George Leonidas Leslie, a society architect and ladies’ man whose double life led him to be dubbed the “King of the Bank robbers”- and of how they did it, and how they were tracked down and captured.
- Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street - January 7, 2014
- Martin Scorsese – The Wall of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Wolf of Wall Street - December 27, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Trance - April 6, 2013
- Trance interviews : James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson, Danny Boyle - April 6, 2013
- Saoirse Ronan - March 30, 2013
- Max Irons & Jake Abel - March 30, 2013
- Diane Kruger - March 30, 2013
- Alicia chats to Andrew Niccol and Stephenie Meyer about The Host - March 30, 2013
- Malone’s Movie Minute : Olympus Has Fallen - March 22, 2013