If the rumours are to believed, then Scottish actor James McAvoy might be set to take on the role of legendary singer Elton John, in a movie following the story of the star’s rise to fame.
The upcoming movie, titled ”Rocketman”, is reportedly being written by the man who penned the screenplay for ”Billy Elliot”, Lee Hall. Elton John himself will act as executive producer on the project, whilst a number of his hit songs are thought to be being included within the narrative itself.
This will be the second time that John has worked alongside Hall, as he was also involved in composing the score for the West End theatre adaptation of ”Billy Elliot”, which took place in 2000. Indeed, the soundtrack for the show proved so popular than many fans enjoyed it as more of a standalone album, listening while commuting to work or playing online partypoker. However, it has not get been announced whether any original music will feature in this upcoming biopic movie.
Still, there are plenty of Elton John classics for Hall to choose from, and it is thought that the movie will not be without big hits like ‘Candle In The Wind’ and, of course, ‘Rocket Man’. It has not yet been confirmed who will take on the role of the eccentric singer, but McAvoy is certainly tipped to be one of the preferred choices.
However, ”Rocketman” will certainly not be the first highly-anticipated biopic of a British musician in recent years. 2009 saw the release of ”Nowhere Boy”, chronicling the early years of singer John Lennon, and the 2010 movie ”Sex And Drugs And Rock And Roll” telling the story of Ian Dury. Sacha Baron Cohen is also set to play Queen singer, Freddie Mercury, in a movie about the band titled ”A Kind of Magic”.
- Trailer : The Love Punch - April 23, 2014
- Peters to star in Benyon’s Woman Who Came to Dinner - April 2, 2014
- Which former 007 has agreed to join The Expendables? - March 29, 2014
- Walters, Hutchison and Karna climb Sugar Mountain - March 28, 2014
- Trailer : Nymphomaniac Volume II - March 19, 2014
- Gordon, Bishop seek out Artifical Intelligence - March 6, 2014
- Cumberbatch, Oldman, Williams, McDiarmid & more locked for Star Wars : Episode VII? - February 25, 2014
- Stephen Fry joins Jack Bauer for 24 - January 28, 2014
- A couple more Star Wars Episode VII candidates - November 19, 2013
- Former Ramsay Street resident may lead Terminator - November 7, 2013