Y’all have read that a Deckard-free “Blade Runner” sequel/prequel, with original helmer Ridley Scott back in charge, is in the works .
Like most belated follow-ups – and there seems to have been plenty of ‘em over the last few years, including “TRON Legacy”, “Rambo”, “Rocky Balboa”, and next month’s “The Thing” – I’m fearful but excited. Good that Scott’s back involved though, means the film has half-a-chance of turning out not only decent but a good companion piece to the 1982 original.
And another point to the production for apparently coaxing Scott Z.Burns, writer of solid blockbusters like “The Bourne Ultimatum” and “Contagion”, to write the screenplay for the film (which, by the way, we’ve no idea if it’s a sequel, prequel or spin-off featuring solely on Sean Young’s character… heh, as if!).
Twitch broke the news of Burns possible anointment as the “Blade” scribe while reminding us that as good as it’d be to have David Peoples, the writer of the original “Blade Runner” back for this new film, he hasn’t actually written a film in about fifteen years so probably isn’t high up on Warner/Alcon’s wishlist.
Whatcha think? Burns got enough to bring “Blade Runner” into the iPad era?
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.