Y’all have read that a Deckard-free “Blade Runner” sequel/prequel, with original helmer Ridley Scott back in charge, is in the works .
Like most belated follow-ups – and there seems to have been plenty of ‘em over the last few years, including “TRON Legacy”, “Rambo”, “Rocky Balboa”, and next month’s “The Thing” – I’m fearful but excited. Good that Scott’s back involved though, means the film has half-a-chance of turning out not only decent but a good companion piece to the 1982 original.
And another point to the production for apparently coaxing Scott Z.Burns, writer of solid blockbusters like “The Bourne Ultimatum” and “Contagion”, to write the screenplay for the film (which, by the way, we’ve no idea if it’s a sequel, prequel or spin-off featuring solely on Sean Young’s character… heh, as if!).
Twitch broke the news of Burns possible anointment as the “Blade” scribe while reminding us that as good as it’d be to have David Peoples, the writer of the original “Blade Runner” back for this new film, he hasn’t actually written a film in about fifteen years so probably isn’t high up on Warner/Alcon’s wishlist.
Whatcha think? Burns got enough to bring “Blade Runner” into the iPad era?
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.