The whole MGM debacle is reminiscent of the Orion situation in the early ’90s. Much like the lion, when Orion went balls-up it left many of their films – including “RoboCop 3″, “The Dark Half” and “Cat 54, Where Are You?” – facing an uncertain future. Those films, and more, would ultimately be released — mind you, some two or three years after they were completed.
Same thing with MGM’s “Red Dawn” remake. The film, directed by veteran second-unit helmer Dan Bradley and featuring a superb cast including Chris Hemsworth, Adrianne Palicki and Jeffrey Dean Morgan (yup, in the Powers Boothe role), was completed in 2009. It’ll be released next year – 2012. Three years later.
According to 24 Frames, FilmDistrict (“Soul Surfer”, “Drive”) have picked up the distribution rights to the film.
Hoping the film is good, not only for the sake of us that love John Milius’s original but for anyone that’s had to wait a couple of years to see it.
- Two more ID4 stars back for sequel! - April 18, 2015
- New Jurassic World poster Tweeted! - April 18, 2015
- X-Men : Till returns, Munn teases costume - April 18, 2015
- Ridley, Marvel working on new superhero series - April 18, 2015
- Parenthood may return as limited series - April 18, 2015
- Dominic Cooper is AMC’s Preacher - April 18, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Batman v Superman : Dawn of Justice - April 18, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : The Gallows - April 17, 2015
- Meade, Heizer, Lewis and more board Nerve - April 17, 2015
- Justice League : Gods & Monsters trailer! - April 17, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.