Kevin Costner was forced to drop out of Quentin Tarantino’s “Django Unchained” project a couple of weeks ago, which was unfortunate, but the film’s director has managed to slip someone into his spot that’s just as exciting.
The Wrap says Russell, who worked with Tarantino on his 50% of “Grindhouse” (as the lead maniac Stuntman Mike in “Death Proof”), will play the villain of the piece, Ace Woody.
The flick, just as “Grindhouse” was, is quite a coup for Russell who for the past couple of years has been starring in fare like this :
Gotta say, really looking forward to “Django” – and not just because it’s Tarantino, one of my favourite filmmakers, but because of this amazing cast of A-listers like Leonardo DiCaprio and Christoph Waltz. Also, the script is terrific.
As a side note, Kurt Russell and Kevin Costner previously appeared together in the forgettable action-comedy “3000 Miles to Graceland”.
In addition, The Hollywood Reporter says “Kill Bill Vol. 2″ co-star Laura Cayouette will play DiCaprio’s widowed sister in the film.
- Creed punches into production! - January 27, 2015
- Beetlejuice 2 is really happening, says Winona Ryder - January 27, 2015
- Knock Knock who’s there? Lionsgate with 3 million bucks! - January 27, 2015
- Gobots go to the big screen!? - January 27, 2015
- Arnold vs Arnold Genisys details! - January 27, 2015
- Yep, this is the Fantastic Four costume - January 27, 2015
- NBC going with Monica Potter series - January 27, 2015
- That’s no Moon, it’s a New Moon! - January 27, 2015
- ABC commissions Chevy Chase, Beverly D’Angelo show - January 27, 2015
- Edgar Wright’s next comes complete with a Twist - January 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.