Aaron Eckhart has signed on to play Frankenstein’s creation Adam in the upcoming flick “I, Frankenstein”.
It tells the story of the monster who’s survived to the present day, to battle supernatural creatures taking over the Earth- based on a graphic novel by Kevin Grevioux.
Australian director Stuart Beattie will be at the helm, after writing “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra” and working on the “Pirates of the Caribbean” franchise.
Here’s some of the press release from Lionsgate:
“I, FRANKENSTEIN” is a modern-day epic: Frankenstein’s creature, Adam, has survived to present day due to a genetic quirk in his creation. Making his way to a dark, gothic metropolis, he finds himself caught in an all-out, centuries old war between two immortal clans. As writer/director, Stuart Beattie said, “Mary Shelly’s story is about the creation of the first human being. This is the story about that being becoming human.”
“This story is all about what it means to be human, and there could be no more achingly human performance than the one Aaron gave in our own “Rabbit Hole”. We are so excited to see what he will bring to this role.” said Lionsgate’s co-COO and Motion Picture Group President Joe Drake of the production. “This is a wonderfully imaginative script and we are looking forward to seeing it brought to life by a talented filmmaker, and to bringing this story to our loyal genre fans.”
It’ll begin filming in Australia in January, slated for a February 2013 release.
What do you think, will Aaron Eckhart be a convincing Frankenstein’s monster?
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013