Big 2012 zombie flick “World War Z” is experiencing one big arsenal hiccup. According to US Weekly, the Brad Pitt starrer had it’s guns confiscated today.
The flick, Marc Forster’s adaptation of the Max Brooks novel, is already over budget so this latest hurdle is going to be a hard jump.
Police seized 85 fully-functional weapons, most of which were automatic, military-style assault rifles. “We can confirm that weapons were confiscated at an airport,” Hajdu Janos and Zsolt Bodnar, the director and deputy director of Hungary’s Anti-Terrorism Unit, tell Us.
The problem, a source says, is that the guns came with paperwork claiming they were non-functional — but they’re actually in working order
This morning a private plane brought guns wrapped in a parcel from a company to an individual [in Budapest],” Janos and Bodnar add. “Guns like these are highly illegal to transport even if they were to used as stage guns, which hopefully they weren’t.”
According to a source, Pitt, 47, isn’t to blame for the prop problem. “The movie company’s employees must have made a mistake bringing the guns in without the Anti-Terrorism Unit’s permission.”
Janos adds: “We are interrogating witnesses now, getting closer to solving the firearms story.”
Ouch! Being a producer on the film, in addition to the star, Pitt’s going to have to try and get the production out of this situation a lot himself. Wish him luck!
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013