Earlier today Hasbro’s money-men revealed that they’ve spoken to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg about continuing the “Transformers” series. The fourth film, by the sounds, would be somewhat of a restart for the franchise with Shia LaBeouf hanging up his ‘I Heart Bots’ shirt for the instalment.
According to Variety, screenwriter Ehren Kruger (“Scream 3″) is said to have an idea that encompasses two “Transformers” movie – so, a “Transformers 4″ and “Transformers 6″.
With LaBeouf out, the trade says another big-name will be roped into dance with the decepticons… and it’s a name we’ve heard mentioned before in relation to a new “Transformers” (so for all we know, it’s simply the faux Chinese whisper reaching someone at a major publication – late).
One element that won’t return: Shia LaBeouf, who’s said he’s moving on, giving Paramount the chance to pair a new face with the shape-shifting robots. Though one name — Jason Statham — has been bandied around by sources close to the production, no offer has been made.
So what do you think? Should Statham be the star of the next two “Transformers” movies? Or might he be better off to chase the role in the next two “Fast and Furious” movies he’s being eyeballed for?
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.