Matt Damon will make his directorial debut on an “Erin Brockovich”-esque drama that actor John Krasinski (“The Office”, “Away We Go”) and Dave Eggers (co-author of “Away We Go”) dreamt up the storyline for. Krasinski then pitched the idea to Damon for the two to write and star.
The untitled drama, set up at Warner Bros, is being kept under wraps for now. THR says :
While plot details remain scarce, the story centers on a salesman (Damon) who arrives in a small town only to have his life changed. The project will be produced under Krasinski’s Sunday Night banner. Damon and Chris Moore will also produce.
Damon has been looking for a film to direct for a while now, with ”Father Daughter Time: A Tale of Armed Robbery” and ”Eskimo Kisses”, a script by Matthew Aldrich, also both projects he’s expressed interest in helming.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013