Stephen Cannell’s “Wiseguy”, the ’80s series that launched Ken Wahl’s career, is getting a contemporary do-over thanks to NBC and writer Alex Cary (”Homeland”).
Deadline reports :
A reimaging of the original series, which Cannell co-created with Frank Lupo, Wiseguy centers on a disgraced former cop who, while serving time in prison, cuts a deal to work undercover for time off his sentence. The show begins as he’s being released — now he’ll put the connections he made behind bars to good use in the field as he helps the police take down a criminal organization.
“Wiseguy” is just one of the many reboots we’ll be seeing on the small screen next year; also in the works a new “Incredible Hulk”, “Dallas”, “Bewitched” and “Beauty & the Beast”.
The original series, you may remember, also starred “Beverly Hills Cop” bad guy Jonathan Banks and Jim Byrnes. Recurring guest stars on the show included ’90s sexpot Joan Severance, “Scarface” alum Steven Bauer, a then-unknown Kevin Spacey, the late, great Ray Sharkey, Tim Curry, Robert Davi and William Russ.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013