At the start of the year filmmaker Bobby Farrelly told us that he and brother Peter had spoken to Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels about sticking their tongues to ice another time for a “Dumb & Dumber” sequel.
Today, Deadline – without credit to us for having the scoop about the sequel plans in the first place, of course – reports that “Sex Drive” scribes Sean Anders and John Morris have been tapped to pen the belated follow-up. The outlet says the Farrelly’s are planning to get to work on the film now that they’ve wrapped “The Three Stooges”.
Here’s what Bobby Farrelly told Moviehole‘s Clint back in Feb about the sequel :
“[Dumb and Dumber] has run a bunch of times on TV in the states, and kids will come up and they’ll be able to quote lines from that – lines that I’ve long forgotten. If we could get those two guys back together, Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels that might be a worthwhile sequel – and that ball is in motion. We’re starting to think about what those two dimwits would be doing twenty-years later in life, and hopefully we’ll be able to come up with something worthy of a sequel.”
Looking forward to this one!
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013