Please forgive me as you read.
Try as we may, it’s very difficult to avoid the mention of the Kardashian family’s name. There’s the TV show(s), the paid publicity appearances, the magazine covers, the tweeting, the EVERYWHERE.
And recently, the world (or so we’re being told) was so captivated by Kim Kardashian’s nuptials to NBA star Kris Humphries that she sold the rights for a big fat $17.9 million for a TV special on the E! Network. And now, just 72 days later, she’s filing for divorce.
Now, I’m not one to get super into celebrity marriages (as I know you dear readers aren’t either), but as some delightful soul with a calculator pointed out on Twitter, that works out to be around $10,300 per HOUR of their marriage.
BUT GUYZ DON’T THINK IT’S THE END.
E! has released a statement:
“All of us at E! are surprised and saddened by this news, and we send our support to Kim and Kris at this difficult time. The Kardashians have always been uniquely open with all aspects of their lives from joyous events to intimate moments to heartbreaking transitions. E! will continue to share the fascinating real lives and larger-than-life existence of this close-knit family.”
So the moral of this story is: the TV show always comes first, no matter how personal, embarrassing or confronting. So all you Kardashian TV fans, you’ll get to see all the fallout and everything on a lovely little package. HOORAY.
Turns out money does talk, yo.
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013