The next movie to be directed by out-there independent filmmaker Harmony Korine has got some major star-power attached: James Franco, Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens and Emma Roberts.
Variety says “Spring Breakers” will tell the tale of four girls who rob a restaurant to pay for their, well, spring break.
Apparently Franco will be a rapping drug-and-weapons dealer who bails them out of jail in return for them helping him kill his nemesis. Yep.
So it’s sounding more full on than “Monte Carlo” to say the least.
Harmony Korine is known for some very edgy films, most notably the controversial sex and drugs fuelled “Kids” back in 1995 – the one that kicked off the careers of Chloe Sevigny and Rosario Dawson.
What do you think, can this movie walk the fine line between the good-girl reps of the girls, and the more arty demeanours of Franco and Korine?
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013