Richard Gray, writer/director of the terrific little local offering “Summer Coda”, is dusting off the Nikon for “Blinders”, a sports drama in the vein of “Friday Night Lights”.
The film begins shooting in Torquay, Victoria in February before moving to Boston, Massachusetts to complete filming.
Here’s the specs :
A sports drama with romance, scandal, and the best AFL action sequences ever filmed, BLINDER is in the vein of Friday Night Lights and Bend It Like Beckham, and sees an ex-footballer plagued by turmoil return home after a long absence to clear his name and reignite an old flame.
Richard Gray (writer/director of Summer Coda and the new American thriller Mine Games, now in post-production) is directing the screenplay he co-wrote with Scott Didier and Michele Davis-Gray. Producing with Gray and Didier are former AFL greats Glenn Archer, Adrian Gleeson and Sam Kekovich, alongside Virginia Kay and Bryce Menzies (Malcolm, Death In Brunswick, Two Hands).
Additional cast announcements will follow shortly.
- Red Sonja goes to the Cosmos - March 1, 2015
- Momo’s reaction to Aquaman picture reveal - March 1, 2015
- Ayer revealsSuicide Squad sets; talks Leto - March 1, 2015
- Forte readying MacGruber 2 - March 1, 2015
- Duhamel, Hudson have The Wrong Stuff - March 1, 2015
- TV casting : George, Annable, O’Quinn, Stern, Chalke - March 1, 2015
- Shankar’s Power Rangers fan film is back online! - March 1, 2015
- Former 24 star clocks into medical drama - March 1, 2015
- Lively, Clarke set for Forster’s All I See is You - February 27, 2015
- Sands files Minority Report - February 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.