Steve Carell sure is keeping himself busy. In the past couple of weeks, the comic superstar (cum dramatic actor; I know, right!?!) has either signed up or is prepping for no less than three major movies. There’s the magician comedy “Burt Wonderstone”, which recently snagged Jim Carrey as a co-star; the drama “Foxcatcher”, in which he’ll play against type as John du Pont, the real life cat who suffered from paranoid schizophrenia and killed Olympic wrestler David Schultz; and the heist comedy “Conviction”, announced a couple of days ago. Oh, and there’s also his voice work on “Despicable Me 2″.
Today, an update on a Carell project that’s been mentioned before, “Dogs of Babel”.
Deadline reports that the film, based on the novel of the same name about a linguistics professor who, thinking that his wife’s death is suspicious, looks to teach his dog, Lorelei, to speak since she was the only witness to the tragedy, has acquired the services of director John Carney. Carney directed the terrific indy singy-la-la pic “Once”. So in other words, this one is moving ahead.
Like many of his upcoming projects (Carell’s also producing the “Get Smart” sequel – or intends to, anyway) Carell’s Carousel Productions are shepherding the production.
- Captain America : Civil War Character Reveal? - January 26, 2015
- Zachary Quinto talks Heroes Reborn - January 26, 2015
- The Strangers sequel finally going ahead? - January 26, 2015
- Scodelario confirmed for Pirates of the Caribbean 5 - January 26, 2015
- Author offers Waiting for Exhale 2 update - January 26, 2015
- Jetsons animated movie in the works - January 24, 2015
- New poster for Tom Hardy thrilller Child 44 - January 22, 2015
- Rob Lowe playing man of the cloth in new TV series - January 21, 2015
- The Interview hits Netflix this weekend - January 21, 2015
- Stuart Beattie writing high Voltage project - January 21, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.