Joel Edgerton, newly-crowned king of the franchise – or follow-up, anyway.
Hot off the “Thing” prequel, the Aussie boy is said to be in talks to front “300: Battle of Artemisia”. Guessing director Noam Murro saw Edgerton shirtless and ribbed in “Warrior” and thought he’d make a good bronzed warrior.
Vulture reports :
If a deal is reached, Edgerton — most recently seen in the prequel to John Carpenter’s The Thing, and currently engaging in old-tyme fisticuffs with Tobey Maguire in Baz Luhrmann’s Great Gatsby — would play Themosticles, the famed archon and general who led the Greeks to victory against the invading Persians in 480 BCE. So, if you’re keeping score at home: Battle of Artemesia will likely star an Australian as the Greek general who brought about the defeat of the Persian navy, all under the direction of an Israeli Jew working for an American producer.
“300” star Gerard Butler may or may not be returning for the film (if he does, it’ll be a cameo at best); if not, the stage is all yours Joel.
- Jetsons animated movie in the works - January 24, 2015
- New poster for Tom Hardy thrilller Child 44 - January 22, 2015
- Rob Lowe playing man of the cloth in new TV series - January 21, 2015
- The Interview hits Netflix this weekend - January 21, 2015
- Stuart Beattie writing high Voltage project - January 21, 2015
- Bruce Willis’s next straight-to-disc dud will be… - January 21, 2015
- The Girl with the Reliable R2 Unit - January 21, 2015
- Lee, Ashbrook, Fenn, Ontkean back for Twin Peaks - January 19, 2015
- Gremlins reboot on pause - January 18, 2015
- Star of new Ring sequel announced - January 18, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.