Morgan O’Neill, the dude that won “Project Greenlight Australia” a couple of years back and in turn got to make a little Aussie flick called “Solo” (nobody much saw it, it’s Okay, you’re not alone – don’t send an e-apology letter to the production team), recently returned home to co-direct – with Ben Nott – a little surfing flick called “Drift”. One-time “Project Greenlight” judge Sam Worthington was roped into headlining the thing.
The first pics, and poster for the film, were unveiled at AFM today. Collider were there to capture them :
Here’s the synopsis for “Drift”, which also stars “Eclipse” alum Xavier Samuel.
Set in breathtaking locations and inspired by the true story of Australia’s legendary surfwear moguls, the film chronicles the rise of the world’s premiere action sport and the expansion of the laidback surf attitude as a global lifestyle. A story of passion and corruption, friendship and loyalty, deadly addictions and fractured relationship.
Australia, 1970′s. The Kelly brothers, Andy (28) and Jimmy (22), have one great passion: riding big waves. As kids, their mother escaped from Sydney to Margaret River, a sleepy coastal town with some of the world’s most challenging and dangerous waves. For the next 12 years, the boys perfected their surfing skills, always searching for the perfect ride. Free-spirited Jimmy is a gited surfer and innovator but he starts to slip toward a life of crime to help the family out of debt. Andy makes a big decision. Quitting a stable job, he bets on Jimmy’s surf inventions and his own business skills and launches a backyard surf gear business. They rethink board design, craft homemad wetsuits and sell ther merchandise out of their van. After they get mixed up with a local drug dealer, it looks like everything they built up, will be ruined…
Encouraged by their new friends, travelling bohemian surf photographer and filmmaker JB (Sam Worthington) and his gorgeous Hawaiin surfer companion, Lani, who stirs the two brothers’ hearts, they start to seek ways to expand.
Looks quite good, yeah?
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013