20th Century Fox has been hunting for the perfect guy to play Bruce Willis’ son in “A Good Day to Die Hard” for months.
And now Deadline says Willis and director John Moore have narrowed the search for John McClane Jr to four young men: Liam Hemsworth, Aaron Paul, James Badge Dale and D.J. Cotrona.
Let’s talk about this.
Liam Hemsworth- he’s currently cutting his action teeth in the upcoming “The Hunger Games”, as well as being a popular object of female attention from “The Last Song”. He’d be quite good as a Bruce-Willis-with-hair character.
Aaron Paul- he’s known for his role as a meth manufacturer in TV’s “Breaking Bad”, and actually looks a bit like Bruce Willis. Also a good choice, but scheduling could prove to be a bit of a problem.
James Badge Dale- he was in “The Pacific”, had roles in “The Departed” and is in upcoming “Shame”. Not that old, but looks a lot older than the others. Maybe not.
D.J. Cotrona- he’s starred in TV’s “Detroit 1-8-7″ and is currently shooting “G.I. Joe: Retaliation”, which also stars Bruce Willis. He could prove to be a surprise pick, but he certainly wouldn’t convince me that he’s related to John McClane.
But enough about me- what are your thoughts?
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013