The recently-announced “Hannibal” TV series, based on the Thomas Harris’ created Hannibal Lecter character, has landed at NBC.
Bryan Fuller (“Pushing Daisies”) has both the “Silence of the Lambs” inspired series and a new take on “The Munsters” headed for the network. His script for the reboot of the ’60s comedy series was delivered on Friday.
Says Deadline :
Fuller is writing the script about based on the iconic literary and film character Hannibal Lecter against a 13-episode commitment, meaning that the script will trigger a 13-episode series if NBC likes it. (NBC has a short window to decide upon receiving the draft, with a potential release triggering a penalty.) I hear the network first got interested in the project when Fuller mentioned it casually to the network’s new entertainment president Jennifer Salke over drinks. A well-known foodie as evidenced by Pushing Daisies, I hear Fuller was attracted to the dark, sick side of Hannibal, who tends to feast on his victims.
Any chance of Ray Liotta’s brain reprising it’s role for the series, ya think?
- Another Suicide Squad pic : Will Smith as Deadshot! - May 4, 2015
- Han and Chewie on the cover of Vanity Fair! - May 4, 2015
- Avengers star to headline Braveheart sequel? - May 3, 2015
- Spider-Man role down to two… - May 3, 2015
- Grey Hulk was supposed to be in Avengers : Age of Ultron - May 3, 2015
- Shadowhunters casts Simon & Isabelle - May 2, 2015
- Why was Josh Trank fired from Star Wars? - May 2, 2015
- Ninja Turtles 2 nabs an Oscar nominee! - May 1, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Fifty Shades Darker - May 1, 2015
- Photos : X-Men, Suicide Squad, Batman v Superman - May 1, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.