Rising Aussie film star Jason Clarke (”The Wettest Country In The World”) has been announced as the first actor set to appear in a film about the hunt for Osama Bin Laden, according to Deadline.com.
Kathryn Bigelow (”The Hurt Locker”) is set to direct the as yet untitled film, which has found a home with Sony Pictures in collaboration with Megan Ellison’s Annapurna Pictures. Several other veterans from ”The Hurt Locker” have also come on board for the project, with Mark Boal set to produce alongside Ellison and Greg Shapiro.
Clarke will play a terrorist hunter in service of the U.S. during their efforts to hunt down Bin Laden.
It was rumoured that fellow Aussies Sam Worthington (”Avatar”, ”Clash of the Titans”) and Joel Edgerton (“The Thing”) were also being courted to appear in the film – presumably in the same role Clarke (“Brotherhood”) is set for.
An elite group of actors – Guy Pearce (”The King’s Speech”, ”The Hurt Locker”), Tom Hardy (”Inception”, ”The Dark Knight Rises”) and Jennifer Ehle (”Contagion”) among them – are also in discussion for roles in the film; however, availability could be an issue as the plan is to start production in early 2012.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013