Movie News

Steven Soderbergh Exits Man from U.N.C.L.E.

Steven Soderbergh Exits Man from U.N.C.L.E.

Well, so much for that. After “Contagion” director Steven Soderberg rescued a big screen version of “Man from UNCLE” from development hell last year, Soderbergh has walked away from the project after not being able to come to an agreement over casting and budget decisions and decided to part ways on the project.

Indiewire reports that Warner Bros. had already been hemming and hawing over casting options this week and delivered a low $60 million dollar budget proposal for what is supposed to be the first in a tentpole franchise threequel. Soderbergh felt the figure wasn’t enough for a ‘60s set period spy film that’s set on four continents, and with a March date looming, he could no longer wait for the studio to refine numbers or set cast, officially pulling out of the project.

This isn’t the first time “Man from UNCLE” has had it’s fair share of problems. Several actors have already been offered the lead in the film including George Clooney, Michael Fassbender, Bradley Cooper, Joel Edgerton, Matt Damon and Ryan Gosling.

Joseph Gordon Levitt and Alexander Skarsgard were also among the names.

Most recent was “Step Up” actor Channing Tatum but with an indecisive studio and a budgeting issue in the air, this idea never even had time to take shape.

So now that Soderbergh is out, who would you guys like to step in as director and for that matter, play the lead male role? For those that don’t know, “Man from U.N.C.L.E.” is based on the 1964 TV series of the same name, told of the two top agents of the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement who fight the enemies of peace, particularly the forces of THRUSH.

Share this story!Share on FacebookShare on TumblrShare on StumbleUponTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someoneShare on Google+Pin on PinterestDigg thisBuffer this pagePrint this pageShare on LinkedIn
(Visited 2 times, 2 visits today)
Click to add a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Movie News

More in Movie News

NEW YORK - FEBRUARY 24:  Director Wes Craven poses at New York Comic Con to promote his new movie, "The Hills Have Eyes 2"  February 24, 2007 in New York City.  (Photo by Donald Bowers/Getty Images For Fox Atomic)

Mike says goodbye to Wes Craven

Mike SmithAug 31, 2015
Wes Craven attends Magnolia Pictures' Los Angeles Premiere of "Life Itself" at the ArcLight Hollywood on Thursday, June 26, 2014 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Todd Williamson/Invision for Magnolia/AP Images)

Wes Craven (1939 – 2015)

Editorial StaffAug 31, 2015
downton-abbey-season-6-edit-mary-crawley

Teaser Trailer: Downton Abbey season six

AshAug 31, 2015
chris-Messina

Chris Messina joins Ben Affleck crime drama

AshAug 29, 2015
ryan-simpkins

Ryan Simpkins moves into Will Ferrell & Amy Poehler’s House

AshAug 29, 2015
borderlands

Video game Borderlands gets silver screen treatment

AshAug 29, 2015
stevenpasquale

Rescue Me alum in Doubt

ClintAug 29, 2015
franensteincode

Fox’s Frankenstein Code undergoes a name change!

Brooke CampbellAug 29, 2015
armiehammer

Armie Hammer coupled with Amy Adams for Nocturnal Animals

Brooke CampbellAug 29, 2015