Extra fat turkey on Julie Delpy’s thanksgiving fold-out this coming weekend. The actress cum filmmaker has not only sewed up a deal to reprise her “Before Sunrise” character for a third film in that series, but direct a biopic on Joe Strummer, lead vocalist of the Clash.
“Well, I don’t know what we’re going to do but I know the three of us have been talking a lot in the last six months,” Hawke revealed. “All of three of us have been having similar feelings that we’re ready to revisit those characters. There’s nine years between the first two movies and, if we made the film next summer, it would be nine years again so we’re really started thinking that would be a good thing to do. We’re going to try write it this year.”
The Joe Strummer biopic, “The Right Profile”, is to focus on Strummer’s life and his planned disappearance from the public spotlight in 1982.
Variety, who broke the news, says Delpy may take a role in the film too (since she usually stars in what she makes).
An iconic figure of the British punk movement, Strummer died in December 2002, just a month before he and the Clash were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- Jetsons animated movie in the works - January 24, 2015
- New poster for Tom Hardy thrilller Child 44 - January 22, 2015
- Rob Lowe playing man of the cloth in new TV series - January 21, 2015
- The Interview hits Netflix this weekend - January 21, 2015
- Stuart Beattie writing high Voltage project - January 21, 2015
- Bruce Willis’s next straight-to-disc dud will be… - January 21, 2015
- The Girl with the Reliable R2 Unit - January 21, 2015
- Lee, Ashbrook, Fenn, Ontkean back for Twin Peaks - January 19, 2015
- Gremlins reboot on pause - January 18, 2015
- Star of new Ring sequel announced - January 18, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.