There’s a new kid on the block with James Bond – Ben Whishaw will play gadget guy Q in the upcoming Bond flick “Skyfall”.
Whishaw has signed on to the film with the BBC confirming he’ll give the coolest gizmos to 007.
Ok, calling him a “kid” is hardly fair, considering Whishaw is 31, but it’s the first time the character of Q will be younger than Bond himself, with Daniel Craig 43.
Ben Whishaw’s known for his roles in “Perfume: The Story of a Murderer”, “I’m Not There” and more recently alongside Helen Mirren in “The Tempest”.
He’ll join the not-so-long list of other gentlemen to play Q, most notably Desmond Llewelyn who was the role for 36 years until his death in 1999, and then his successor John Cleese.
So far in Daniel Craig’s run at Bond there hasn’t been a Q character at all, so I’m looking forward to seeing how they reinvent the role. Are you?
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013