Rachel Weisz has joined the cast of Colin Firth’s new movie “The Railway Man”, as the wife of Firth’s character, a former prisoner of war.
You may remember us telling you about the film here, but here’s a recap: Colin Firth will play Eric Lomax, a WW2 British soldier who was one of thousands taken prisoner by the Japanese and tortured while being forced to build the Burma Railway. The story tells of Lomax reaching out to his former captors much later in life, and meeting them.
It’ll be a great role for Weisz – The Daily Mail says the character as Eric Lomax’s wife is critical in helping him confront his demons and helping him battle his physical and emotional scars.
The film is being directed by Australian filmmaker Jonathan Teplitzky (“Burning Man”) and will kick off shooting in March 2012 – read Clint’s recent interview with Jonathan here!
Are you excited by this Firth-Weisz combo?
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013